Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Cucalorus

I saw Shirley Gnome on the buzz repeat, the Lumpsucker shorts, Fare, The Love Witch, and Slash. Shirley Gnome was my emcee for a couple showings so when I saw she was one of the repeats on Sunday, I just had to go. Her show was raunchy, and the boys in class were not exaggerating. She can play kazoo with her lady parts.
The Lumpsucker shorts were brutal. The only one I liked was the first was called Curve. Curve showed a woman wake up in a pit made of two curves. We watch her struggle until she thinks she is safe, then it rains. The end. It was intense but very well done.
Unfortunately the shorts were st Jengo's Playhouse and it was a tight fit. I sat on the floor at the top and could see half of every short. The rest of the shorts were either really inappropriate or gruesome. I did not really like the rest of them because they made me uncomfortable. Most shorts were also foreign. The last one was the worst. All I am saying is I could have easily gone my entire life without see those shorts.
I really like Fare, The Love Witch, and Slash. Fare was just a really well done film and I wish it gave me more at the end. It was about a boyfriend and him being an Uber driver catching his lady being a cheat.
The Love Witch was different. At first I was not sure what to think about it. All you know going in is that it's a film meant to look like the 60's but it has newer cars and iPhones. I think it's meant to be comic relief. It was kinda brutal because her lovers died, but I still thought it was cute. She was like this unusually bubbly woman just trying to find love. - it does have a plot twist at the end that you also saw coming. Worth the watch,
Slash was my favourite, I think.
It was cute and was kind of a coming of age film. It's these two teenagers writing fanfiction. They find love in each other and grow a solid friendship. They build up each other's character and I really liked that. It also did not make me uncomfortable or want to vomit. It may have been different but it was worth seeing.
Overall Cucalorus was fun and I can't wait to volunteer next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment